Complete a project for each month of 2017. That is my goal for this year. I may not actually complete one project during each month but will be working toward completing twelve projects in 2017.
I have plenty of projects already started to choose from:
- Four quilt tops waiting to be quilted and bound
- An 18″ doll pattern that is half written
- A set of tea towels that are half done
- The High Tea Crochet Fusion quilt which needs the blocks sewn together and the final crochet edging put on it
- A pink doll cradle that I’ve started frillying up
- A Log Cabin quilt that is barely started
- And I started three Jacob’s Ladder quilts today
And then there are all those kits that I have and all those quilt and doll clothes ideas dancing around in my head.
For January? Let’s see… As I stated earlier, I am working on three Jacob’s Ladder quilts. If I make all three king size, I will need 300 blocks. I made three blocks today all from the same fabric. Tomorrow I will make four tiny Log Cabin blocks from the leftovers of that fabric. So I plan on making 45 Jacob’s Ladder blocks and 60 Log Cabin blocks this month.
And in my spare time, I will work on the pink doll cradle. I would like to have it completed by the end of January. And I will get one of those quilt tops loaded on my longarm and at least partially quilted.
Can I do it? Since my goal for 2016 was to complete twelve quilts which I surpassed, I am confident that I will reach my goal for 2017.