I had to take a short break from working on Halloween costumes for my girls.  But Halloween is less than a week away, and I can put them off no longer.  The tiger costume for Lily and the lion costume for Daisy are now finished.  The tiger costume is made out of cotton, but the lion is made from suede and real fur cut from the collar of an old coat.  These were very difficult materials to work with and you might ask why I used these particular materials.

I sometimes run across a box of fabric at a yard sale for a mere pittance.  If there are any quilting cottons in the box, I will buy it but have to take the whole box.  Most times there are other goodies in it.  It’s almost like opening a Christmas present going through all the stuff in these surprise boxes.  One of those boxes had some suede scraps, and another box had the fur collar.  And since I am on a mission to use up the fabrics in my stash before buying more, I decided these would make a perfect lion costume.  See for yourself if I was right or not.

IMG_6472 IMG_6473

IMG_6471IMG_6469Now I only have one more costume to do.  Times a tickin’, so I better get busy.

Happy sewing,

Lana, Daisy, Lily, Maggie, Nikki, and Pansy

Advertisements